Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek vs Wolverine

OK - they both have had huge media buzz, they both have state-of-the-art special effects and they both have origin stories. Who will win the battle of the blockbusters? So far, it looks like Trek is going to take it hands down. What do I think? Well, I must say, I'm a bit torn. Star Trek has a better story line that steers it away from the old Trek without compromising the essense of the a Star Trek movie, but the one thing it doesn't have that the new X-Men movie has is Hugh Jackman. Quite frankly, I may be out of my Vulcan mind, but the whole Wolverine movie could have consisted of Mr. Jackman sitting silently in a chair and I still would have seen it.

1 comment:

~ C said...

I haven't seen either movie yet, but I have to say Chris Pine (Kirk) is pretty easy on the eyes too. :)

PS. The word verification that came up was "Howls"...LOL...thought that was fitting.